Background

Saturday, September 27, 2008

What I like about Jer working.

So I just read Jessie's post about what she will do for her man, and it got thinking, except mine is a little more selfish.

This is a list of things that I love about Jer working. (For those of you that don't know Jer works 14 days on and then has 14 days off. This includes weekends folks, so he goes to work on on Wednesday at 6 am til 6 pm, and gets off after 14 days of 12 hours of work, that means he get home on Tuesday night. And then the next hitch he works nights. He lives at the man camp, where he is fed, and and well taken care off. Sorry about the mini vent I am just sick of explaining to people how Jer's schedule works. When I say 14 days that means 14 days straight, and no he doesn't get Sunday off.)

Okay so here it is...


  • I get the whole bed to myself, and in the morning the sheets and blankets are in the exact same place as they started out. It is so easy to make the bed when Jer is gone.

  • I get to make what ever I want for dinner, and we eat super cheap, because we eat mostly veggies.

  • I can blog all the time!!!

  • I can stick to my schedule. I like to get up and exercise, unload the dishwasher, cook breakfast, get the kids off to school, Go walking with my friends, shower, and then get the rest of my days chores done. Jer throws my schedule off.
  • I clean up the kitchen right after dinner, and nobody makes me feel guilty for not sitting on the couch next to him.
  • I have my kids on a totally strict bedtime schedule, and I make sure that they have always have a bedtime story or two.
  • Our house smells so good. No, Jer doesn't stink, he just doesn't like me to plug in my smelly things.

Okay these things are fun, and I like to have everything scheduled, and life to flow smoothly, but I would trade any of these things for my husband to be home every night, and have weekends off, but that's not our life, so I will be happy with my little joys.

I thought of a few more.

  • The shower head stays in the same spot, and so does the seat of the car.
  • Noboy pushes the snooze button while he is gone.

No comments: