Background

Friday, September 26, 2008

I am so outraged right now!!!

***Disclaimer*** Yes Jeremy makes plenty of money, and we both spend plenty of money. We are very blessed, to the point of being spoiled. When Jer had his surgery we were taken care of by friends and family, and then when he lost his job the next month, again people stepped up to help out. We spend too much money on gas, and go out to eat way to much, and I buy my kids good quality clothing, okay now on to my vent.
I am so pissed off at the government right now for even thinking of a bail out for Wall Street. When Jeremy had his surgery last year and we didn't have health insurance, the government did not bail us out, and we still pay the hospital over a 1/4 of our paycheck every single pay period, and when I got a job and money was reported on my SSN they sent us to court so that they could have that money too. Then I was laid off, and we still have to pay that extra money every week. We started out with a bill just from the hospital for over $52,000, then because we didn't have health insurance they took off ten percent. So we have paid approximately $33,000 in one year, and they still want more, they call my phone about 4 times a day, even though we have money automatically taken out our checking account weekly. Jer makes awesome bonuses at his job, and it sucks to see every single one go to bills (okay so there was that one that went to the TV, oh and that other one, but don't ask about it I am still PISSED OFF every time I think about that.) I want to be irresponsible and go and blow some cash just cause I can, like being able to make the truck payment or something novel like that. Then today I go to make the truck payment and find out that there is no paycheck in the bank today. So I call Patterson and find out that they have moved the payday to Tuesdays, NICE!!! Thanks for telling me, they said they told the tool pushers, (Jer's boss), but I don't know if you have ever dealt with rough necks they are not the most responsible people on earth, so I never found out about the change in pay days. So today I have spent most of the day calling people to change any automatic withdrawls that were suppose to be made on Monday. I am suppose to take Jer clean clothing to Parachute so he can work overtime for the company that isn't paying us. Is this how it is suppose to work??? So anyway I transferred money from savings to checking, and called everyone I could think of to stop payments. Wish me luck over the weekend, because I am pretty sure that the government isn't going to bail me out. If you would like some info on what we should do, or who you can contact check here: http://www.daveramsey.com/tdrs/index.cfm/2008/9/23/Fix-the-bailout-with-mark-to-market?ictid=sptlt

1 comment:

Jessie said...

I agree on your views on the bailout. Personally, I think the big wigs who caused this should pay for their greediness.

And if you guys need anything, please let us know. The government may not bail you out, but your family will.