Background

Thursday, September 25, 2008

10 years in the making

As many of you know my Mom has a gift. She is the best quilter ever, so I thought what the heck I can do that. So I signed up for a quilting class in Summer of 1998. Only to find out that I HATE quilting, the cutting of the fabric, the sewing of the fabric, everything about it I hated. So I just kept putting it off, so it has been ten long years, the quilt has spent time in my storage closet, my Mom's sewing room, and then back to a closet and today I finished the quilt. So not too bad for ten years huh? I think this is called a Double Irish Chain quilt.

2 comments:

Jessie said...

Congrats! I can't even finish a cross stich and you did a whole quilt. I'm impressed!

Nelson Family said...

Congrats on the quilt! It may have been 10 years in the making but that just means you had plenty of time to perfect it. :) It is a very pretty quilt!