Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Friday, December 19, 2008
Thursday, December 18, 2008
The kids have been bugging me all year to get these done. I still want to get a glitter pen and do some fancy names on them, but that can wait, I don't want to overdo myself! I would hate to run out of things to do.
People have been asking me about my house, well the only room that I have done is the Dining Room, so here is a picture. Keep bugging me though, because one day I am going to finish decorating.Here is Parker's finished gingerbread house. I love how he did the chimney, and then as he was decorating a lot of the candy turned into bobie-traps. He is such a boy! I think this is what we are going to get Jer for Christmas, what do ya think?
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Payton at the Candy Table
Parker working hard.
It has been very cold here, and then it started snowing not my favorite weather, but it did make a pretty picture.
I also wanted to say Thank You to my sweet husband. I ripped the old kitchen faucet out with my super hero strength. (Actually just went to turn it and it just snapped off in my hand. I tried to blame it on the kids, but Jer saw right through it.) So here it is my shiny new faucet. Jer is so awesome, he works so hard for our family, and then comes home, and works harder to fix everything we broke in his absence. He also is the first to go and help anyone else who needs help, and all my Uncles love him.
Monday, December 15, 2008
I didn't know my Grandma Mary Jean very well, I was very young when she passed away, but here are a couple of things my Mom told me about her, that make me think of her and my Mom this time of year.
- Whenever it had just snowed and the snow still clung to the trees, with that pretty new blanket of snow my Grandma would say "Oh it looks like a winter scene." Still to this day when we get up and it has snowed we all say. "Oh it looks like a winter scene, Grandma Mary Jean would have loved this." I don't even know if she liked snow or not, but she did grow up in the Salt Lake Valley, so maybe she did.
- My Mom is so fun to buy for at Christmas, that I usually end up getting her a few gifts, and then can't decide which one to give her. So I will ask her, and she will respond by saying all of them. "Then she always tells us that Grandma Mary Jean would say "Tell me what you got me for Christmas, I will forget by then and it will be a surprise." Isn't that the truth, I know that both my Mom and I hide the gifts that we buy for people, and then can't find them when it is time to give them away, or I wrap something, and then on Christmas Morning the person opens it and it is a SURPRISE to me, and I think "Wow I totally forgot that is what I got you."
Okay now on to Christmas Cards. I have been procrastinating, but I think it is time. If you want one make sure that you e-mail me your address. mallorystacy @ yahoo dot com
This is our 2007 picture, Yep Payton has a funny face!
This is our 2008, the only diffence I tell is we all have more hair, and Jer hasn't slept for 36 hours. (ooops who planned that?(
Sunday, December 14, 2008
Okay crazy side note: Started searching for "Bush hit by..." and guess what came up
- Tennis Ball
- Cricket Ball
Most of these things are probably the same news article, but still silly, it's like his head is a magnet.
Okay and the other thing is I am totally mad at Applebee's they use to have this creamed spinach dish that Jessie got me hooked on, and they no longer have it. If you have a good recipes I would love it.
I am now jumping down off of my soapbox, but since Jer is working I will probably drag it around and have a couple of new interesting topics to vent about before Christmas. (I am thinking about the auto bailout, if you want to fuel my fire.)
Thursday, December 11, 2008
So are a born Momma? or Do you have to work your butt off trying to keep it together?
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
I love this chalkboard Santa he is so fun, and Parker is working on his numbers, and counting.
This on sits on the self, because last year my favorite that Jer gave took a dive. (So hands off little people Santa's watching!)
I love fresh cut trees, I was so excited when Jer brought this years' tree home, because it came pre-frosted. I had to take a picture quickly because we keep our house so warm.
I love my tree topper (Thanks E-bay). I saw it on a tree, and the next day I found one on ebay.
And last but not least I love my sweet husband, who drags his butt out in the snow to get me the perfect tree, (Well not perfect, a perfect tree would be more Charlie Brownish.) When I wouldn't be caught dead out in the snow.
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
2. Real tree or Artificial? Real, I like it when Jer cuts it down.
3. When do you put up the tree? Hopefully before Christmas
4. When do you take the tree down? Within a few days of Christmas
5. Do you like eggnog? Nope!
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Barbie Ice Cream Parlor (sorry Mom, but it was my fav.)
7. Hardest person to buy for? Tonya
8. Easiest person to buy for? Mom
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes it is the Willow Tree one, I love it.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I am trying not to be naughty, so I can't think of one right now.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? The Christmas Story. (I love the line: You'll shoot your eye out.)
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas ? All Year Round
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present ? Yes, but the person had asked for it, and knew it was recycled.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Bon Bons, Chex Mix
16. Lights on the tree? I love rainbow lights.
17. Favorite Christmas song? "Carol of the Bells", and "All I want for Christmas is a real Good Tan"
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Travel, but I would love to stay home.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid Donner, Blitzen, and then Rudolph
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? rustic tin star, with holes punched in it.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? PJ's on Christmas Eve, presents on Christmas Day.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? People in the stores, let's be nice people, Santa is watching!
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? We always do a Cowboy tree, but I love to do a trendy tree every year.
24 . What do you want for Christmas this year? I want Jer to stop spending money, it is giving me an anxiety attack.
25. What is one of your favorite family Christmas traditions? Making Christmas Candy together, going to the festival of the trees, and seeing the lights at Temple Square, and writing letters to Santa.
Okay Tag your it, Post your answers on your blog.
Monday, December 8, 2008
The kids last song was "Here Comes Santa Clause" and they were singing really enthusiastically, and then Santa walked in the, and all the kids could see him. They all the sudden dropped off singing, and just sat with their mouths open for a few seconds, and then started singing again. It was so funny I wish that I had caught it on video.
The kid before Parker asked for a cow, and so not to be outdone Parker asked for a farm.Payton was a pill and wouldn't sing or sit on Santa's lap, even though Daddy told her he would go with her.
Friday, December 5, 2008
So Jer and I have gone Christmas shopping for the KIDS, and have now come away with a new pistol (in my name) a new hackamore (which was more than one of my car payments), and a new long gun ( also in my name.) Jer works hard, and I think that he is very deserving of the gifts he has gotten, but I also want to get him a present that he doesen't know about. So what do you think should I just be happy with what he has picked out, or do I go find him something to add to his already $$$$$ stash of Christmas gifts.( I wish that I hadn't been so naughty this year, and maybe I would get cool gifts like Jer.)
Here is a silly picture of my kids what goofballs.