Background

Friday, December 19, 2008

I am so mad, mad, mad #$%^&* enviromentalist!

I knew that today was the day that the BLM was selling drilling rights in Utah so I was keeping an eye on the news, and was infuriated at this news article. KSL News Article I am so mad, first of all some of the leased were pulled before they even had the auction, "because the parcels were near some wilderness areas." Yes that is correct near. (sorry my computer crapped out on me and I had to restart.) I got this out of the Moab Times newspaper, which I left at my parent's house. When I tried to search for the article I couldn't find it. So I hope I got the quote right. Anyway I am really so mad at this total idot, he bid on leases that he never intended on paying for, and jacked up the prices for drilling companies buying the leases. No wonder the gas prices are all over the charts. I believe that Heavenly Father gave us this land and we should use it not abuse it. I wish that these environmentalist would put as much time, money and energy into working on renewable energy resources, instead of tearing down our struggling economy. Not to mention the amount of money we as tax payers are going to have to shell out because of the mess that this one person has created. I am so mad. I have to take a break, Check back later after I have cooled down and I may write some more. Here is some info from the BLM website

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Just because you have a name like Terry Tempest Williams or Robert Redford what gives you the right to give us advice on how our government should be run, I didn't vote you into office did I? Last time I checked we had a democracy and our forefather set up the government to work for the people. The selling of the BLM leases has been on the books long enough that Tim could have used his brain to work out a way to protest the auction in a legal way. I think that the paper that is used for your books is ruining the environment, but I have not done anything to stop you from publishing your work.