Background

Monday, December 15, 2008

Crazy Kids, Christmas Cards, and My Grandma Mary Jean

Well I guess since I can't sleep I might as well keep you up too! So yesterday I was in taking a shower, and I was just getting out when I heard a lot of screaming. So I cracked the door open to find out what was going on, and I see streakers running down the hall. Now I don't have the most modest children, but it is super cold where we live, so I just stood there listening. The conclusion that I came to was that they had been outside doing snow angels. NAKED!!!, no wonder my kids hate snow. I don't know who told them that they had to make snow angels naked, but I really wish that person would have warned me so I could have had the video camera ready!







I didn't know my Grandma Mary Jean very well, I was very young when she passed away, but here are a couple of things my Mom told me about her, that make me think of her and my Mom this time of year.





  • Whenever it had just snowed and the snow still clung to the trees, with that pretty new blanket of snow my Grandma would say "Oh it looks like a winter scene." Still to this day when we get up and it has snowed we all say. "Oh it looks like a winter scene, Grandma Mary Jean would have loved this." I don't even know if she liked snow or not, but she did grow up in the Salt Lake Valley, so maybe she did.


  • My Mom is so fun to buy for at Christmas, that I usually end up getting her a few gifts, and then can't decide which one to give her. So I will ask her, and she will respond by saying all of them. "Then she always tells us that Grandma Mary Jean would say "Tell me what you got me for Christmas, I will forget by then and it will be a surprise." Isn't that the truth, I know that both my Mom and I hide the gifts that we buy for people, and then can't find them when it is time to give them away, or I wrap something, and then on Christmas Morning the person opens it and it is a SURPRISE to me, and I think "Wow I totally forgot that is what I got you."



Okay now on to Christmas Cards. I have been procrastinating, but I think it is time. If you want one make sure that you e-mail me your address. mallorystacy @ yahoo dot com

This is our 2007 picture, Yep Payton has a funny face!
This is our 2008, the only diffence I tell is we all have more hair, and Jer hasn't slept for 36 hours. (ooops who planned that?(

3 comments:

Marion said...

Should probably make this a bit clearer. My mom mostly grew up in Southern Calif. But when we lived in Independence where the weather is a lot like Moab, we got up one morning to snow. On the way to church we passed the cemetary and i said "wow, it looks just like a winter scene". Ever after whenever it snowed we said "it looks just like a winter scene". Mom was so much fun at Christmastime, she just loved it.

Jennifer Bracken said...

Your blog is super CUTE!!! What a darling family you have!

Levi and Cassie Mallory Family said...

I can't believe your children were doing naked snow angels. I so wish you would have gotten pictures. Maybe they'll put in a repeat performance.