Background

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

What happened to Thanksgiving.

I get excited about Holidays, but they each have to wait their turn. I am so confused about what time of year it is. I woke up in the middle of the night last night in a cold sweat, because I hadn't gotten Jer or Parker anything for Christmas, and haven't even started my Dad's. So the television commercials, the Christmas displays in the stores, and Christmas Music on the radio, have me so confused. I miss Thanksgiving! It has the most beautiful decorations, with gorgous colors, the best smells, and the tastiest food. So I am bringing back Thanksgiving, even though I just added two Christmas songs to my playlist. I also just finished "The Forgotten Carols" by Michael McClean, and can't wait to see the play.

So help me bring Thanksgiving back and send me your favorite Thanksgiving photo, poem, or tradition, and I will post it on my blog.

3 comments:

Our Corner said...

I know what you mean about Christmas pushing Thanksgiving out. I love Thanksgiving for all the reasons you listed and more. One of my favorite traditions that James' family does is his mom pulls out her grandma's china and we have a very formal meal. I had to remember which fork went with what course. :p But my very favorite is before the meal each person names one thing they are thanksful for and why. Is like a gratitude story time I love it.

Levi and Cassie Mallory Family said...

TAKE THE CHRISTMAS SONGS OFF YOUR PLAYLIST UNTIL AFTER THANKSGIVING!!That would be where I would start.

Unknown said...

LEVI- Get off my back, you know that if I took the songs off I would forget to put them back on. So just skip those two.