Background

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Supporting Change

Our family is in a really good place right now. We like where we live, we are living within our means, and even trying to put away for a rainy day. Okay now here is where the bomb drops. As many of you know Jer works in the oilfields, which just happen to be the worlds most superstitious job. If drillers even think they might lose work they pull out and stack the rigs out. Jer called tonight and told me that he just got a nice bonus, and then proceeded to tell me about all the rigs that were stacked out because of the election. I really wish that there was something that I could do, but I think this is a little bigger than me. I wish the government would quit the bail outs, or at least share the wealth with the drilling companies (I didn't say the energy companies, I said the drilling companies.)

Okay I know that the economy is shot and Jer and I are living on easy street, but I just really like it when everything runs smoothly. I did get a little excited and told Jer that if he had to go work internationally that I was all for that. He had no trouble bursting my bubble and telling me that I would stay put with the kids and he would go international. (RUDE!, I wish I had a job.) Anyway just to let everyone know we are JOB SCARED! Is anyone else out their job scared? (I think Jessie is probably set for life, or totally over worked?)
Okay so now on to the silver lining, Jer is on a great rig, and his crew is the fastest rig in his region, so we are doing just fine. Jer is a hard worker and has a lot of job skills, so if there really is no more drilling we have other options, and it is a major plus that we have moved and cut our rent payment in half. I just really like to worry and to feed my worry I listen to NPR and Sean Hannity.
So I am planning for that time when we will need our food storage, but for right now I kind of feel at a loss of what to do to support the economy. Any suggestions?

I read Katie's Blog, and I liked how she said that we should support the President Elect. (By the way this whole President Elect thing is confusing the heck out of my kids. Parker thinks that the country is still deciding, so he is still campaigning. ) So I am going to support, but I am also going to be pretty hard on him too, and I am going to hold him accountable.


Okay now I am going to reward you for listing to my huge vent. THE END

2 comments:

Levi and Cassie Mallory Family said...

That picture of Jer is almost as bad as the "Hey cow!" dance.

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh you totaly just made me go visual. To bad that those glasses didn't come with some big ol' Mallory Ears. That would have completed the look.