Background

Monday, November 24, 2008

National Adoption Month


Our family supports adoption, mostly because we have seen what our great friends Troy & Katie have done. Troy and Katie two cute friends of our family going back a ways. Troy and Jer worked together at Redd's Ranches, and Levi (my favorite BIL to hate!) and Katie were best friends in HS. So somehow they got married, and heavenly father decided that they had it way to easy. So he threw a wrench into the plan, and decided that he should make Katie think that she needed a new challenge. Well it's a good thing that Katie and Troy love a good Challenge, because then the Lord decided to send them a second challenge. We Love Katie and Troy, and we love their challenges, and we love the people that they have become because of their challenges.
Now I would like to share a story about Parker and his best friend Ethan. Parker use to like Troy, a lot! So when Troy told Parker that he was going to get a little boy around Parker's age. Parker was ecstatic. So we waited and we waited, and we waited some more; a ton of waiting for a four year old. When the big day finally came, we were at church and heard whispers that Troy and Katie had gotten the kids and they were at church. So we took our kids out into the foyer to say Hello. Parker ran right up to Ethan, only having seen pictures before and threw his arms around him and said "Oh!, I have missed you so bad!" Never in my life have I felt the spirit so strongly outside the walls of the temple. It is so awesome to see how little kids are so close to the veil. It still bring tears to my eyes when I think about it.
I would now like to do something I probably don't do enough. I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, and I know that my Redeemer Jesus Christ lived and died for us, and that he was resurrected. I know that if we live our lives right that we too can be resurrected and return to live with Jesus and our Heavenly Father. I know that Heavenly Father has a plan so that we can have our families with us forever. I love my family and I am ever thankful for the price that my brother Jesus Christ paid for us so that we could live together forever. I know that we have a living prophet who brings forth modern day revelation. I know that Heavenly Father loves each and everyone of us, and that is why I am sharing my testimony today.
If you would like to know more about what I believe check here: http://www.mormon.org/

3 comments:

Katie said...

Oh, You totally have me crying! Remembering that day at church still makes me cry too. Honestly, we wouldn't have made it through our "big challenges" without your family to suppert us. Thanks so much for your love and friendship, and thanks for your testimony. It is beautiful and inspiring. (Oh, And thanks for supporting adoption. This new president has me a little worried about the future of adoption, and we need all the supporters we can get.)

Katie said...

hey guys this the first time I have ever commented on a blog yea Stacy, it was heart touching when Ethan met Parker for the frist time. It reminded me when Katie and I met Ethan the first time. He walked in the room and said "hi dad." There are those special moment in our lives that make us who we are and who we become. Thanks for being a part of all those moments.

Katie said...

By the way, the last comment was Troy:)