- Pay a chiropractor a large amount of money to diagnose me and read my labs, and put me on a rude diet that I hate!
- Pay a prescribing doctor to fight with me about how to feel better.
- Spend a lot of money on foods that I will find out I can't eat.
- Find out that by changing my diet I all the sudden burn the hell out of everything I cook.
- Give up my joys in life, PEPSI, WHEAT & DAIRY.
- Then be super sad that I have a super great family, a fun place to live, and the greatest friends, but my greatest joys in life
arewere, PEPSI, WHEAT & DAIRY.
Picture taken in Oct 2014 (notice my chipmunk cheeks, they make me sad)
Picture take July 2015 (that's right folks I didn't lose an ounce between my collar bone and rib cage.This too makes me sad, my dream in life is buy a $19 bra at Target instead of $91 bra at Nordstrom.)
Okay now on to the diet, I eat at least 5 times a day, starting by eating 30 minutes after I wake up. Breakfast, lunch and dinner always include at least one veggie, and one protein. At least 2 snacks, usually seeds or nuts, and don't forget the water!!! You will need to drink at least 1/2 your body weight in ounces of water, I really struggle with this!
So here is the list of what I avoid:
Anything that causes an allergic reaction
Gluten: Wheat, barley, oats & rye
Rice, Corn, Potatoes
Coffee, black tea, green tea, and soda
Sugar, natural & artificial
Beef, pork, shellfish, cold cut, bacon, hot dogs, canned meat, sausage
Okay now on to foods to eat:
Fresh fruits and vegetables
Spices with no additives
Beans, navy, garbanzo, kidney, black, etc.
Chicken, Fish, Turkey Lamb and wild game
Olive oil, coconut oil, flax seed oil, sesame oil
Unsweetened almond milk
Raw nuts: cashews, pecans, almonds, macadamia nuts, walnuts, sunflower seeds. pumpkin seeds, chia seeds
I did this diet for 21 days and then slowly added one thing back in at a time. I found out what foods made me feel bad, like Kale, avocados, pineapples, pomegranate, oranges and quinoa. First was beef, for the first day you eat it for one meal and then on day two you eat it for two meals, and then go two days without it to see how you are feeling.
So here is what I ate today.
Breakfast: hard boiled egg, and peas out of the garden.Snack: pumpkin seeds
Lunch: lettuce and roasted turkey roll with mustard
Dinner: Grilled Chicken with olive oil, and from the garden, basil, cucumber, radishes, carrots, and lettuce.