Background

Thursday, August 6, 2015

Keep Calm New Body Under Construction

With my lifestyle changes I have been able to get a whole new body.  Well not really but it feels like it.
Let me list some symptoms that I was having that are now either gone, or under control.
  • I was taking high blood pressure medicine, and they wanted to up my dose.
  • I was taking high cholesterol medicine and it made my joints ache.
  • I had to pee at least 23 times a day, I am not kidding I was keeping track. Turns out I had a urinary track infection.
  • I had hot hands and feet.  Like burning scalding hot I would wake Jer up with them in the middle of the night and he would scream like a little girl!
  • I was swollen. Even though I was exercising every single day.  My arms looked like sausages bursting out of their casing.  My face was also very puffy. 
  • My eyes hurt, and it hurt to focus them, and I wanted to wear sunglasses all the time. 
  • I was exhausted, but could not sleep.  I had a hard time waking up in the morning to get the kids to school, and then I would fall asleep every afternoon as soon as my kids got home from school and would sleep for a few hours get up cook dinner and then go back to bed.  Then at 12 am I would lay wide awake.  So frustrating especially because I couldn't take a sleeping pill due to Jer being gone.  
  • Fibroids in my breast, uterus, and on my ovaries, resulting in a hysterectomy, sonogram, and mammogram. 
  • Brain fog, I couldn't remember anything, I would talk to people during the day, and not even remember.  I couldn't help the kids with their school work because I couldn't grasp new concepts.  
  • I had a headache, yep not multiple headaches, just one that went on and on and on.  Sometimes it would get worse and I would have to lay in a quiet, cold, dark room until I threw up and then I wold get back to my regular headache.  This got slightly better after my hysterectomy, but came back after a few months.  
  • HOT FLASHES, and intolerance to the cold, yep I had them both, talk about being a pain.  
Working with Dr Jeremy Swindlehurst (yes that is a very unfortunate last name) at Red River Health and Wellness I was able to change my diet and add supplements that have helped me to feel so much better.  I am still working on some things, like I make iron like a super hero, but I feel so much better.  I am off of my high blood pressure and high cholesterol medicine and I have lost 24 lbs.
Top Picture take on 12-25-15 bottom picture taken a month later after being on the anti-inflammatory diet. 

So today's menu is:
Breakfast:  Fried egg in coconut oil, gluten free toast and broccoli



Snack:  Peas out of the garden
Lunch:  Cottage cheese, Lentil Crackers, radishes, carrots, cucumber, and tomatoes.
Snack: Watermelon
Dinner:  Tinfoil dinners with ground beef,  carrots, celery, broccoli, crookneck squash, onions and potatoes, seasoned with salt and pepper, sage, and parsley. 

If you have a hard time sleeping at night eat a snack before bed.  With this diet you don't want to be hungry and you don't want your blood sugar to get too low or to spike.

No comments: