Some days I am really hungry, even though I am eating all the meals and snacks I am suppose to. So after I have eaten everything in the house I remember that this means that my body would like me to eat more healthy fats, and I have just the recipe for that, well I have adapted just the recipe.
This started out as Chicken with Lemon Butter Sauce, and became Chicken with Lemon Coconut Oil Sauce
1/2 Cup White Wine (if you don't like wine you can use chicken stock)
2 tsp Minced Garlic
1/2 Cup Coconut Oil
1/2 Cup Full Fat Coconut Milk
1/4 tsp Salt
2 Skinless Breast Filets, pounded to 1/ 4 inch and cut in half
Salt and Pepper
1/3 Cup Gluten Free Flour Mixture (the one I used today tasted like sand! Yum The search continues...)
1/4 Cup Olive Oil
1 Tbs Capers
2 Tbs Sun Dried Tomatoes
Parsley for Garnish
1. In a small saucepan, combine wine and garlic over medium heat. Bring wine to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer until wine is reduced in half, about 3 or 4 minutes. Pour through a strainer into a bowl to remove garlic.
2. Rinse out saucepan, add butter and place over medium heat. When butter has melted return wine to pan along with Coconut Milk and Salt.
3. Cut Lemon in half and squeeze half into the sauce, add Sun Dried Tomatoes. Bring to a boil and simmer 10 minutes, cover and remove from heat.
4. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
5. Coat each piece of chicken in Flour with Salt & Pepper. Place in skillet and saute about 4 minutes on each side.
6. Arrange chicken on platter. Sprinkle with capers and spoon sauce over the top. Garnish with Parsley and lemons.
Breakfast: Beef Jerky and Cucumbers
Lunch: Red Lentil Penne Pasta, Tomato, olive oil, maranaited artichoke hearts, salt & pepper.
Snack: Grapes, Kalamenti Olives and Plantain Chips
Dinner: Chicken with Lemon Coconut Oil Sauce, green beans, olives, and brown rice pasta. Ahh finally full!