Background

Friday, March 6, 2009

I am spoiled rotten!






I am so lucky to live where I live. Jer has just started a new job, he will be working in Portland building the largest land rig in the world, after the rig is built it will be taken by barge to the North Slope of Alaska. Brrr! http://www.parkerdrilling.com/newsroom/newsrelease.aspx?id=1174571 He will be working 28 days, and then have 28 days off. I am working part time at a CPA office, but it really turns out to be full time, maybe after tax season I will actually get to work part time. Right now we are just feeling blessed to have jobs. To get to my job I have about a 30 min commute. As I was coming out of work I noticed that my tire was getting a little low. I was in a hurry to go and get Parker and take him to wrestling pactice, so I was just going to take Parker to wrestling practice, and then run home and air up my tire with our air compressor. Well I forgot, and I sat down at wrestling practice and started to watch the kids. My neighbor then came in and told me that my tire was flat and that she had already called her husband to air it up. So he came and aired my tire up, and I took the kids home. We planned for the next morning he would come over and help me take my tire off and I would take the truck to work and get my tire fixed. So I came home and got the kids to bed and was vegging out downstairs, and Parker came and told me that Tom was here. He had already taken my tire off and loaded it on the truck for me. So today I got the kids off to the sitter, which is my nice neighbor, who is also their Primary teacher (I hope she doesn't get sick of them. ) I took the tire to a shop in Ephriam, after work I went to get the tire and it was in the exact same spot. AHHHH. I had to wait for a full hour for them to fix it, that made me really grouchy. So then I came home and was going to put my tire on, but it was snowing and I am a baby so I just left it for tomorrow. I put the kids to bed, and was downsairs folding laundry when Parker came down to tell me that the Bishop was here. He was outside putting my tire on, I am so spoiled!
When we told our neighbors and our ward members that Jer was going to be gone for 28 day at a time, they all jumped to help us. Not just offering to help, but actually jumping in and getting their hands dirty to help us. Thanks to everyone that has helped us, you mean the world to us. The pictures are of Jer and the kids at the airport, the kids were such cry babies! When Jer would drive to work the kids wouldn't even go outside and wave to him, but going to the airport is a little harder. After the airport we went to the Draper Temple open house. Sorry abou the pictures, the kids are getting old enough to tell me to put the camera away. I tried to take more but I had no willing subjects. So this is us on the bus to the Temple.

2 comments:

Jessie said...

Parker's eyes when he's hugging Jer just made me cry. Poor little guy.

Kurt and Jasmine said...

You are so tough Stacey, I don't think I could go 28 days with out kurt with two kids and trying to work part/full time! Your super woman!