Background

Sunday, February 10, 2008

This is kind of neat!!

So today in RS we were disscussing the times that Jospeh Smith saw Jesus Christ. I was writting in my journal and not really paying attention, and noticed April 3rd 1836. The April 3rd caught my attention, because that is my nieces' birthday. I was sitting there thinking how cool that was, when I noticed the teacher write another date on the board, and low and behold it was February 16, 1832, Parker's birthday. So how cool is that two of the three times that Joseph Smith saw Christ just happen to be two special people's birthdays.
I am making bread and it is almost done, so my house smells so good! I was suppose to clean up my card making mess today, but I worked on the taxes today. That should make Jer happy.
Okay now for my mini VENT:
I love Thomas S. Monson, I love the way he speaks, the stories he tells, and how he interacts with the saints. So while saddened by Gordon B. Hinckley's passing, I was at the same time excited that Thomas S. Monson was the first conseler. I know the order of things in our church, and I was well aware that Thomas S. Monson would probably become the next prophet. But what if the Lord had a different idea? What if? What if? What if? So on Feb 2 it was fast Sunday and person after person got and bore testimony of how graetful they were for the new prophet. I was very frustrated that they weren't waiting until there was an offical announcment from the church. So this is propably just a bit of Joe K coming out in me, but again today in someones talk they spoke of the church naming a new prophet two days after the death of President Hinckley, but I am totally giving her the benifit of doubt that she ment two days after the funeral. Okay I am now jumping down off of my soap box. I am going to leave this wonderful link of President Thomas S. Monson talking to the media.
http://newsroom.lds.org/ldsnewsroom/eng/news-releases-stories/thomas-s-monson-named-16th-church-president

No comments: