Background

Monday, May 3, 2010

I have the best family in the world!

 
When my family gets together we have so much fun!  We went to Cedar City this past weekend to see Megan graduate from Southern Utah University.  We missed Nathan and his family, but are very happy with how well their family is doing!  We drove over Thursday evening and then Friday morning had a nice breakfast, and then the girls watched the kids so I could take Jer out to Bob Ray's Saddle Shop.  I think I will be regretting that decision for a while!  What good people, it was so fun to sit and talk with Bob and his wife Carolyn. 
Then on Friday afternoon we headed to Megan's Graduation where she graduated Summa Cum Laude and was awarded the "Outstanding History Student".  We are so proud of her.  Then we headed to Wingers for a graduation dinner, we got there just in time, and didn't even have to wait; that makes my Dad happy!
The food was yummy and the company even better.
Jeremy with his Cookie Dough Ice Cream Pie, Happy 30th Birthday!
Tori, Lindsay & Carson
The wild and crazy table! 
Dad got us four free ice creams by informing our waitress that we had a two Birthdays ( Mom & Jer)  one graduation and a free coupon.  Way too go DAD!

On Saturday we got up super early and went to Megan's Colleges' Graduation, she is such a trooper to stand out in the cold just to walk in and sit so her family could watch her get her diploma. 
After graduation we went down to St. George and did some shopping, and then headed to a state park for a picnic lunch of pulled pork sandwiches and salads.  Thanks Mom & Dad!
We had so much fun!
Here are some special pictures I took that show the caliber of people that I hang out with! 
When we were on our way up the trail we came to a place where you had to use a rope and some foothold.  We came to this spot the same time as a family with a bunch of little boys and one little girl who was in a baby backpack held by her mother.  Andrew and Jer just jumped right in and started helping the little boys around.  When Andrew asked the mother if she needed help in Spanish she asked him where he served his mission. 
Jer and Andrew took time to make sure that the whole family safely made it to the other side. 
 
 What great guys!

After our hiking trip we went and got ice cream and then headed to Snow Canyon to hike into a cave made by Lava flow. 
 Okay looking at a picture of it now it doesn't look so scary, but that night I was really thinking I might just sit outside the cave and wait for everyone to come back out.  I am so glad I went though because it was so fun.  When  we hiked down inside there is a big open room and we took glow sticks and broke them apart and shook them on the walls and on ourselves, and then we played hide and seek.  I was so much fun even though my Dad stepped on me.  I can't complain though because I stepped on my Mom's head and Jeremy's head oops!  Did I tell you that it is really dark in there? We had so much fun, but the best were the silly things my kids said while they were the seekers!  "Papa your not very skinny, but you can fit in really small spaces!"  I was laughing so hard that Payton found me really easily, but she was too scared to touch me and had to go get Parker to do it!  Silly kids!  This was the best sleeping night for the kids, they fell asleep right away in the truck and then at the motel we had to force them into there pj's.

On Sunday we woke up to a few inches of snow!  The kids just kept saying it's May, it shouldn't snow!  I know but we are in Cedar City! and I think it snows all year long.  We went to church at the Old Rock Church in Cedar City.  I love this building, it is so pretty.
After church we headed back to Megan's house for lunch and we finally finished the hamburger cupcakes we started a few days earlier. 

Jer not participating in the fun!

1 comment:

Zufelts said...

Looks like you guys had a TON of fun!! And you really do have a great family!!