Background

Monday, January 25, 2010

Save the Date

Parker has chosen the 27th of February to be baptized at 5pm at the Moab Stake Center. I can’t believe that I have a child old enough to be baptized. Some days it seems like he is just a little kid and some days it seems like he should be the parent. Oh what would we do without him?


Another special date for Parker is February 20th this is his Moab Wrestling Tournament. We would love for everyone to come and cheer him on. I don't know the time yet but will let everyone know.

I loved how he cared so much about the program, and even helped me write down everyone’s name so he could call them on the phone and ask them to do things. He was so excited that he called Aunt Cassie without me knowing and left her a very vague message, but he got it all done.

I also loved that he made a special call to his Dad to ask him to baptize him. I wish I had been videoing it, but how was I to know what a special conversation that would be. How I love those two boys! I am crying just writing this, what a cry baby this whole Mom thing has turned me into. I am so proud of Parker for choosing to be baptized. What a little man he is growing up to be. I am also so proud of my husband for being such a great Dad, and holding the Priesthood so that he is able to baptize Parker.

I love my family!
PS – One last thing I want to add really quickly. Someone was telling me how lucky I am to have such a great life. I am not lucky I am BLESSED! Jeremy and I have lived our life so that we have a support system around us. We work hard to live the principles of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. No, we are not perfect, but we try and strive everyday to live the best we can, and that is what I want to teach my children. Being a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints has blessed our lives, and helps us to strive to be better people. I love that the church helps me to raise my children, and teaches me how to treat my spouse. I love the gospel and we are so blessed to have it in our life. If you would like to find out more about Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints click here, or send me an e-mail.

2 comments:

Blake and Rachele Burtenshaw said...

wow that's exciting! Crazy how fast time goes by. I can't believe you have one that old! Congrats to Parker!

Megan said...

He is such a cutie! I was so glad he called me to tell me about his baptism. I'm way excited for your wonderful family! Can't wait to see you!!