Background

Monday, January 18, 2010

My Secret Weapon....

Miss Payton is a lot like her Daddy. How? You may ask.
  • Well they are both stubborn as all get out.
  • They both like to eat, and seriously have the best metabolism ever.
  • They have the world's funkiest hair, crazy!!!!  How many cowlicks can one head have?
  • They are both moody!!! Yep I said it. MOOODDDY.
But alas I love them both, and now onto the one thing that Payton and I share.  We both need sleep and lots of it.  Miss Payton takes it a step further though. She needs beauty sleep, niceness sleep, and more sleep, and since the word NAP is a bad word at our house  I say something different instead.
Miss Payton will be laying on the floor moaning, and rolling around. (I know she is 5 but she is still my baby).
Momma - "Miss Payton I think that your room needs a little work."
Payton- "I cleaned it yesterday while I was playing in Parkers room."
Momma- "Huh?"  "Well let's go double check it."
Payton- "Okay, okay I am going.  (Usually the crying starts now.)
She heads to her room which really does need cleaning, and I usually don't hear another word for about an hour.  Lovely just plain lovely!  And sometimes she even wakes up nice, but just sometimes.
So my secret weapon is go clean your room and the kid is out like a light, sometimes it does backfire like when I told her to clean her room last week at 5:30 and then she woke up at 7:30 grumpy and hungry and didn't want to go to bed for the night.  The other nice thing about my secret weapon is it works on my grumpy husband too.  Just  nicely ask him to help you with something and he is out like a light.  Wish it would work on Parker, but that kid barely sleeps at night, so I don't want to waste any sleep in the day.

Now if I could just figure out how to get her to clean her room.

1 comment:

Megan said...

thats so great!! I need a secret weapon to get Andrew to NOT take a nap every chance he gets.