Background

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

My Most fequently asked question (securing pictures on blog)

My most frequently asked question is "Is Jer on Ice Road Truckers?" and the answer is no, but keep watching!

No really I am constantly asked about disabling the right click on my blog.
Here is the site that I used to get the hack. Click Here (Disclaimer:  Blogger kept stripping my HTML so if you want to see wxactly what I am talking about e-mail me and I will send you the word document that I made.)
On this blog it talks about watermarking your photos, and if I took decent photos I would consider that, but all I want to do is keep people from copying our family photos, so I find this a waste of time. So I have disabled the right click, but then blogger did this great thing that you could just click on the picture and it would take you to an outside page where you could steal the photo. So I don't want blogger to open another page, so here is what you have to do.
At the top of your formatting box are two tabs Edit HTML & Compose. I usually use the Compose tab, but when I want to remove the option for blogger to open another window I click on Edit HTML.
Click on the Edit HTML and go and find the name of your picture, highlight and delete.

No comments: