Background

Sunday, December 6, 2009

HaPpY BiRtHdAy DAD!

Today my Dad turned 60, and of course I forgot my camera, but Tori took some pictures so hopefully I will get them from her. 
This is my Dad at the Bluff Fort when we down for the dedication of the statue of John Taylor.  I love that he calls me and offers our family a ride.  I love all the stories he tells us, and he always answers Parker's many questions.
I added this picture of my Dad, but it just makes me cry.  This was our 2009 Holyoak family reunion.  I spend the entire year anticipating our family reunion, but this year I was totally dragging my feet.  My sweet cousin Tauna passed away the week before the reunion, and my Uncle Lyman & Aunt Sandy returned home from their mission in Cape Verde.  It was the hardest time, and I am so glad that we all got together as family.  I loved how my Uncles were all there for each other.  What I didn't love was my Dad!  The man who never cries and never shows compassion was really just a big cry baby and he made all of us cry.  He just kept saying "This just isn't right!"  and no it isn't right, but it is life.  So I don't know which I like better the man who doesn't show emotion, or the man who bawls and makes everyone around him bawl.  I can't decide, but I do want him to know that I love him.
I LOVE YOU DAD!  HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

No comments: