A quick and easy gooey chex mix.
Serves: 8 cups
- ½ box Rice or Corn Chex cereal (I used a 14 oz. box)
- ½ box Golden Grahams (I used a 12 oz. box)
- 1 cup coconut
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup corn syrup
- In a large bowl, place cereals, coconut, and almonds. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, melt butter and add sugar and corn syrup. Bring to a boil, and boil for 3 minutes.
- Pour boiling mixture over cereal mixture, and stir to coat.
- Turn out onto a buttered sheet pan. Allow to cool before eating.
We love to let it cool and add mini M & M's