Background

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Don't Rear-End a car full of Roughnecks!

Saturday Night we were down town Anchorage with some of Jer's work buddies, we decided to catch a cab home. While we were pulling away from the curb Jer said "Wow that Jeep Cherokee almost hit us!" I ignored him, but we started chatting about how bad Alaska drivers are. I was telling how my cab driver that morning had used both feet while driving me to the temple, when wham! We were rear-ended by the same Jeep Cherokee that had almost hit us moments before. I am so impressed by my husband, Jer made sure that I was okay, and then started to check on his co-workers. His Driller John was in the front seat, after the accident he had to shift the cab into park and then told the driver to put his hazards on. After we were hit a cop flipped around and pulled in beside us. The cop was trying to get the guy out of the car, so John the Driller kicked the passenger window, because it was wet his foot just glanced off. The driver shifted his car into drive and was trying to drive off, and it looked like hit the cop. The Jeep Cherokees driver then turned his wheels trying to get by and rammed a second car. So Jer hit the window his bare hands busting it, and grabbed the guy inside. I couldn't believe how loud my soft spoken husband was yelling at this guy, it was so crazy. The cop tazed the driver of the Jeep and the guy said "Why are you tazing me?", in plain speech. He was that messed up. The guys asked the cop if he needed assistance and the cop said yes. So those roughnecks (crazy drill rig workers) ripped the guy out of the car and got him down on the ground so that the cop, who had broken his hand, could cuff him. We are all okay, but it sucks to know that in a few days we are all going to have whiplash, along with trying to get back into the swing of things after a vacation.

Our cab after being hit by a drunk driver!


The Jeep Cherokee that rear-ended us, this is the window that Jer broke out with his hand, to grab the driver.

Our ride getting towed away! After that I called the motel shuttle to come and get us.

Jer talking to the officer.



Jer and his co-workers after helping the cop cuff the Jeep driver. I was a little slow to take the photo, all the extra cops have just arrived on scene, it was so surreal! This is the guy that hit us, Jer said he was drunk and probably high too.

Please don't drink and drive, and if you do don't rear-end a carload of roughnecks.

5 comments:

Katie said...

sounds like an interesting evening. looks like you had fun the rest of the time in Alaska. What does jeremy do for work up there? glad you are all ok

Our Corner said...

Glad you guys are alright.

Levi and Cassie Mallory Family said...

That's my brother for ya! I wish I could have been there to help out. Jer is lucky he didn't break his hand punching out the window. Stories like this give me hope in people. If the roughnecks hadn't stepped up and helped that officer out he could have been seriously injured or worse, an inicent pedestrian. Props to them.

Katie said...

How scary!
I nominated you for a blog award
http://eberlingadventures.blogspot.com/2009/07/they-like-me-they-really-like-me.html

Kurt and Jasmine said...

There's nothing like a nice vacation to bring out an adventure! Glad everyone is ok. I just made a mental note...do not mess with ANY roughnecks :)